EFA’s vision is to end commercial sexual exploitation of children, girls and women in Tanzania.
EFA mission is to encourage, educate and empower Tanzanian at-risks children,girls and women including victims of commercial sexual exploitation of all ages to exit the commercial sex industry and develop to their full potential. EFA is committed to end commercial sexual exploitation of children, girls and women by changing individual lives, transforming public perception, and revolutionizing the systems and policies that impact sexually exploited girls and women.
We believe that commercial sexual exploitation is part of the spectrum of men’s violence against women and children, which includes incest, rape, sexual harassment and domestic abuse. Repeated experiences of violence weaken women and girls’ capacities to avoid further victimization. Prostitution distorts the lives of children,women and girls, destroys families, and undermines the image of our communities. In order to break the cycle, we must first recognize prostitution as a form of violence against women. At EFA we believe prostitutes deserve the opportunity to be restored to dignity and purpose. They have great beauty and worth and potential for future success.
- Non –Profit making
- Non- Government
- Respect for Human Rights
- Advocacy/ Sensitization
- Vocational Training
- Social Media Networking
- 24 hour confidential hotline
- Transitional Housing
- John School
EFA rests on the following beliefs:
- We believe in mutual respect and thereby recognize the innate worth of all people and the value of their unique experiences.
- We believe in equity and justice and we will work to ensure equal opportunity to children, girls and women in commercial sexual exploitation.
- We believe in honesty and transparency and will be held accountable for the effectiveness of our actions and open in our communication.
- We believe in solidarity with the poor, powerless and the excluded. They will be the only bias in our commitment to improving prostitutes’ conditions.
- We believe in the courage of conviction, encourage behavior change, boldness, and hard working without the fear of failure as we work to make the greatest possible impact in the lives of these children,girls and women.
- We believe in humility and recognize that we belong to a larger movement fighting for the rights and welfare of children, girls and women in commercial sexual exploitation.
EFA is committed to diversity and to the empowerment of children,girls and women. Our staff come from a variety of backgrounds and areas of expertise.
EFA has defined structure headed by Board of Directors.
- The structure determines Chain of Command and hierarchy of responsibility within EFA.
- The Board of Directors is the planning and policy making body of the organization which controlling and approving all of the activities.
- The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of the programs and daily management activities.
EFA Management Team
- The purpose of the management team is to implement EFA daily activities and manage respective departments and or projects of the organization.
- The management team is answerable to the ED
- The management team is comprised of the ED and department heads